Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two Hours and Forty Minutes a Day

My moving's done.  I'm fairly settled in.  A good many more pictures to hang, but then I'm really settled.  I didn't have too many pictures hung up at the house so it is nice to have all my familiar things around me once more.  I just wish I could find my gray Alabama t-shirt and my small black purse.  That is really nagging at me.  So...what do I do with myself now?  Watch tv, watch movies, play games on the computer, check Facebook compulsively, check my regular emails, and check my Incredimail emails, or I could create new Incredimail letters.  so many choices.  Hmmm, but I am leaving something out.  It's my quiet time.  But it's always quiet time around here so I need another name for it.  I used to have one for it, but now I can't remember what it is.  There's a sure sign I'm getting old! Maybe it was called my reflection time??  Anywhoo, I have been thinking about that and recalling the directive we have in Malachi to give a tenth of what we have earned back to God.  I have always liked the idea of giving back my time to God as well and I have tried to do this in the past with not much success.

I am thinking I would like to give it a try again.  To spend 2 hours and 40 minutes a day in prayer, reading the Bible, singing or reading some other inspirational work.  I have tried to do it all at once but that is hard.  I am thinking I might divide it into 1 hour and 20 minute segments so that I will be less distracted.  It will be something to look forward to after I have done it for awhile I think.  Maybe this will help me in my spiritual life not to feel so lost, especially since I am not able to attend church as I would like to.

If anyone has prayer requests at any time, please feel free to make your requests known.

Thanks for reading my blog and keeping up with me.  Your friendship and support is deeply appreciated.

1 comment:

Heather Henderson said...

I think dividing the time into two segments seems reasonable. You can start your day and end your day with God. Or maybe an hour morning and evening, 40 minutes at midday?